- 3 Hot Stocks on Traders' Radars
- 4 Hot Tech Stocks to Trade (or Not)
- 5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar
- 5 Mega-Cap Stocks to Trade for Gains
- 3 Big-Volume Stocks to Trade for Breakouts
11 Low-PEG, High Momentum Stocks - 18477 views
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet’s guest contributor program, which is separate from the company’s news coverage. The opinions expressed are those of the author and do not represent the views of TheStreet or its management.
NEW YORK (Scott's Investments) -- Each month, I update a fundamental/technical screen at Scott's Investments and track the results real-time. September's list of seven stocks is here and the screen returned 1.83%, under-performing SPDR S&P 500 (SPY) which returned 5.54%. The screen is not intended as a comprehensive portfolio, but a list for further research, and proper risk management techniques should always be considered.
The screen looks for the following:
• earnings growers still reasonably priced as judged by the PEG ratio
• low debt
• a history of high return on equity and investment, and
• price momentum as gauged by the percentage the stock is trading to its 250-day high.
The stocks are then ranked based on fundamental factors as compiled by stockscreen123.
Apple (AAPL) remains on this month's list, ranked fifth overall. The company sports a return on equity and return on investment over 30%. Its long-term PEG ratio is 0.53, suggesting its growth is undervalued based on historical earnings growth rates. It also has no debt.
Below is the entire list of stocks meeting the screen criteria:
Scott's Investments focuses on consolidating and tracking free online investment resources for the public with an emphasis on ETFs, portfolio/trading strategies and macroeconomics. Follow Scott's Investments on Stocktwits Twitter.